Information on the Walk of Heroes Award 2014
The success of Southwest Key Programs is attributed to the many volunteers and people who help carry out its mission of “Opening doors to opportunity so individuals can achieve their dreams.” To help recognize these dedicated individuals, Southwest Key Programs invites you to nominate an outstanding person for the Walk of Heroes Award.
The Walk of Heroes Award honors people who are making a significant difference for Southwest Key Programs, the families we serve, and our Austin community. These individuals give their time and resources unselfishly and are committed to making a difference in the lives of others.
The Award honors an individual with a mosaic portrait that is installed on the Southwest Key Programs’ Walk of Heroes headquarters in Austin. The honoree’s portrait will join other leaders that grace a 275-foot walkway where hundreds of children and adults pass every day on their way to school and to other health and wellness activities. The Walk of Heroes Award Ceremony will be held in the Fall of 2014.
In order to qualify as a nominee for this award, a person must meet the following criteria/requirements:
- Is committed to and has a heart for Southwest Key Programs
- Has demonstrated a positive impact on the work of Southwest Key Programs
- Has impacted the lives of others in the community in a positive way
- Is invested in the education of Austin’s children and particularly with East Austin College Prep
- Is actively involved in the community
- Respects and honors all ethnic groups in the community
- Is a role model for students, parents and families in Austin
In order to nominate someone for this award, you must submit an official Walk of Heroes nomination form. You can submit your nomination online at www.swkey.org/hero or pick up and submit a printed form at Southwest Key, 6002 Jain Lane, Austin, TX 78721. For more information, please feel free to call Roque Barros at 512-583-2578 or email email@example.com. All nomination forms must be received online or by fax, email or mail by 5pm on June 20, 2014.
The selection committee will review all nomination forms and select the honoree. The committee is made up of past honorees, Southwest Key employees, and members of the community.