Mi Hermana's Keeper
Southwest Key Programs is available to help implement these promising practices. Contact us to learn more about Mi Hermana’s Keeper Toolkit training. Trained Southwest Key staff can come to your site or consult over Skype, to provide customized recommendations on how to use these practices in your existing program or help you create a new program to serve Latina youth.
- Recommendations & Actions Checklist
- Resource List
- Organizational Assessment Coming soon!
- Webinar (Recording|Materials) Coming soon!
Contact email@example.com or call 512.669.8999 to learn more.
Mi Hermana’s Keeper Toolkit Contains:
- Literature review of why system-involved Latina youth need attention.
- Details on our research methodology and case examples.
- 9 program and system level recommendations.
- A checklist of action steps to apply each recommendation.
- Targeted resources to support implementation.
A Sample of Findings & Recommendations
- For effective intervention case management services should be provided for the whole family.
- Cross-generational programming helps to instill values in Latina youth.
- Impactful services are those that value respect and teach respectful practices.
- Staff trained in a trauma-informed framework are essential for this demographic
Funded by The NoVo Foundation in partnership with the National Girls Initiative (NGI) “Advancing the Needs of Girls” Innovation Awards–a collaborative effort between the American Institutes for Research and the National Crittenton Foundation with funding from the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP).